- always sending thank you notes
- being on time
- planning ahead
- … but still leaving room for spontaneity aka drama!
- celebrating birthdays in a big way, any year every year
- don’t give a gift you wouldn’t like to receive yourself … or buy for yourself
- having a signature piece of flair
- parties should always have a theme
- Tailgating, even if you don’t go to the game, it’s ok to plan that from the beginning too
- I was baking cupcakes before cupcakes were cool!
- love at first site probably does exist but most of us are all too silly to realize it
- what alcohol can’t cure, shopping can
- you should be well versed enough to cuss someone out with actually cussing and without them really knowing you are
- you should expirement in the kitchen – Taco Bell is pretty much always open if you burn something – that gives plenty of time to air out the house while you are gone too.
- you should have a dog before you have children
- yes, you really can relate everything in life to any number of episodes of Sex and the City!
- babies and husbands do NOT make you complete, nor do your friends have to like them, they are both fulfilling and wonderful but not the only answer to a perfect life
- no one has the perfect life
- everyone has a 6th or even 7th sense to know when something is not right with you or with your friends – USE IT!
- be loud, it normally works out well
- there is always something to watch on Food Network and the History Channel
- baking for someone is always appreciated
- ghosts really do exist
- Catholic School is a good thing!
- you should always have TWO books in mind in case you are ever asked what’s the last book you read
- the limb you’re out on… it might break, no matter how high up you are
- you don’t have to buy something off the registry if you don’t want to, just make sure your gift is great
- wrapping is part of the gift
- always give to local charities
- we should try to fix our own country before we try to save the world
- Karma is HUGE and it will kick you ass – there are different kinds of Karma, I’ve learned parking karma at work from Nancy, Liz and I strive to achieve the highest level of dog karma
- shopping in each others closets is one of the best ideas we’ve ever had
- no matter what religion you are, you should read The Bible – that’s on my list of things to do – I admire my mother for having done this multiple times
- Your true friends will always be there for you no matter what, men will not be so make sure your man is your best friend!
This is a totally random list of things that I think are important in life
– for me.
They may not be for everyone, but hey, this is MY blog…