This is the first thing I saw when I opened up my google reader today – I LOVE IT!!!! Not sure where “Sasha” got it but it’s hilarious and unfortunately true for me.
So some of my New Years Resolutions are as follows, I’ll probably think of more:
- visit my Grandmother more, she lives in the same town and I only see her on holidays because some of my family can’t get along – that is not my problem – I get along with them just fine and should not be influenced by their bickering.
- drink less, I can’t say that I’ve ever really had heart burn but after the 2 bottles of wine I put away on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, I think I may have experienced it – not cool… so for that and other reason (one being MZ “teasing” me about being an alky) I’m going to drink less. My first step is that NO I do not need a glass of wine while getting ready to go out and henceforth drink more…
- on the flip side I would like to somehow find a better appreciation for “real” wine… I love me some cheap sweet wine – such as Moscato. I would like to be better educated if nothing else – I hate being at dinner and not knowing what kind of wine to order and not just the rule of what goes with what, because I honestly think one should drink what they like not what is “etiquette appropriate” but I don’t really even know what’s out there and what means what….
- Read more – at least read one book more than what I’m supposed to read for book club.
- Become a better conversationalist – I’m just no good at asking questions of others – yes I know I’m a brat. But sometimes I really feel like people only ask “how are you” or “how was your weekend” because they feel like they should – most of the time they don’t care and I hate just saying “good” just to provide an answer and then starts the back and forth – most of the time I really don’t care to share or care to hear, so now you’ll know if I ask you a question – I genuinely mean it, I do really want to know… hey it makes sense in my head.
- Run more
So that’s some of my resolutions – I think they are achievable.