…to wear THIS shirt!
Today, no hurricane nor other natural disaster will stop me from wearing it. Today is the Arkansas – Texas game in Austin. A long time rivalry! Unfortunately it may be a bloodbath… but for the sake of all things holy in football, I’m wearing the best shirt of all today!
If you can’t read the fine print, it says I’d rather go to HELL than Texas…
I don’t include Dallas in the whole hot mess that is Texas as a whole. I love Dallas… but when it comes to football, I hate Texas! =)
The last time the HOGS played in Texas, I was living in Dallas. We didn’t go to the game, but watched it at the local gathering place for the Razorback Club of Dallas. When we won, we did pack up and head to Austin to party on 6th street! That was a great day!
When I first moved back to Fayetteville, the HOGS played Texas in Fayetteville in front of a sell out, standing room only crowd. Liz actually made it out this game with me. Here’s us … quite a long time ago, tailgating on Lewis.
Hogs and Kisses… gracie
Many of you may find it hard to believe, but even I can not drink beer at 8 in the morning! So we started Saturday morning off with Starbucks and Baileys and Mimosa’s! The Hogs faced off against Alabama on Saturday with an 11:30 kickoff – to get in the regulated amount of tailgating, that involved our appearance at Leverett parking at 8 am sharp. The drinks and company were good times – the game, not so much. There’s no need for me to rehash the slaughter, Mike and I didn’t even go to the game. Ah the joys of tailgating with a rather large TV and an HD receiver…
Most everyone trickled back before the 3rd quarter and we all enjoyed the nice weather and always eventful conversation. We did miss Ari this weekend, she had a huge wedding to orchestrate… sorry to all you stick Ari fans – she didn’t come out either…
We all got the text early Saturday morning – “Open invite to come to Steph’s pool – BYOB – noon on…” or, as it was in our case until huge and threatening thunderheads roll in!
It was a great and relaxing afternoon. Stella brough Lindsey and Jason to play too! Stella is such a fish – she has no fear – watch out Mommy! I taught “Mommy and Me” swim lessons for about 8 years and it was so much fun to be back in the water with a brave little girl – that truly was one of the most rewarding jobs I’ve ever had – anyone need private swimming lessons?
Of course, what’s a pool party with out a beer, Stella even knows this.
We all had a great time and can’t wait to do it again soon! Thanks Stephanie!
We’ve been to two Naturals games in the past month – both times with friends who get free tickets and both times we’ve all gone out for pizza before the game – we’re pretty predictable. The Naturals are the new minor league baseball team in Northwest Arkansas, the stadium is in Springdale and yes they do server beer which is really probably the best part about going to any ball park! The first game we went to was against the team from Midland, TX – they were really good and because of this, by 10 pm the game was only in the 4th inning and $5 a beer, that would make for an expensive night, so we went back to the house and popped in a movie. And in true form, I fell asleep as I always do once I get curled up on the couch! We made it through the 7th inning of the second game. Maybe next time we get invited to a game, we can all make it through the entire game and get to see the fireworks.
I’m in Denver this weekend for a fabulous premier party for Sex and the City: The Movie! I arrived yesterday via Tulsa – I’m not a fan of the Tulsa airport. I did get some great shopping done prior to my flight!
I thought it would be a fun and inspiring experiment to click the “next” button on the blogger dashboard… Here’s some interesting things I found as well as some other stuff worth thinking about.
- there are a lot of blogs en espanol! no hablo!!! je cependant parle français
- check out this cool picture – take note – I want this shot, when and if I ever get married, sans the brown hair
- I LOVE baby piglets!!!
- people (including me) need better photography skills
- Lindsey has some competition with Little Snails and Pony Tails…http://littlesnailsandponytails.blogspot.com/
- great quote: “Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue. Be the PIGEON!”
- a bunch of if’s – if Mike had a Wimerimer (he hates them), if Mike had a really bad hair cut (which he does not) and if Mike had really poor taste in decor, not sure about that one, I don’t think so but who would ever know? THIS WOULD BE TRUE…
- someone named their child Korde, eh… but I do like the name Finn
- ilovepinkmink.blogspot.com is not as cool as it should be neither is stylecocktail.blogspot.com
- i’m sad that i already know that mike won’t be here on my birthday
- i’m really tired of watching how candy is made – it’s all the same – damn unwrapped!
- i’m so very ready to go back to VEGAS and can’t wait to go to NYC in December although not ready to skip spring and summer
- there is some tacky ass jewelry hawked on TV – STAY AWAY!
- Michelle needs to check out kbstamps.blogspot.com, make her own blog and post her way better stuff!!!
- someone’s typical day is swimming, Wal-Mart and bridge… AWESOME!
- there are some super cute puppies and some not so cute kids – yes I know I’m probably now destined to have not so cute kids – please lie to me, but don’t dare say they are happy babies!
- there is a blog dedicated to the weather patterns in KC – it’s always f-ing COLD!!! there blogdone luvbye!
- drug court with Judge Gunn is on public access tonight (it may be on every night actually)- anyway… some one actually came up to my mom the other night at dinner and told her that they were watching aforementioned “show” and that they saw “billy” (former student) on drug court – for reals? that just happened! Don’t be on drug court because this person WILL see you, she WILL tell my mom…
- there is a baby girl name Lochlan – too close to the Lochness monster… bad idea YOU MUST THINK ABOUT THESE THINGS how will names come back to haunt your teenage daughter?
- it is always THE MOST DRAMATIC ROSE CEREMONY EVER!
So that pretty much wraps it up – musings for the evening. I think that was a fun and productive test of personality!